| SLIDDON (SLYDDON) FARM in 2000 A.D.
It was built approx 1650 and was the home of the first Thomas GILLBARD, although his father was a Degory Gilbert,Gylbart,Gylbert. The house had a new roof in 1998. One bedroom has an arched ceiling like some churches/chapels, and is called the Chapel Room.
|This shows some of the farm buildings as they are today, but were probably built about 1800 ?|
|This is Trevozah Farm,( much extended ) that the second Thomas Gillbard came to when he married Mary Dinnis at North Petherwin Parish Church on April 30, 1817.||Thomas Dinnis Gillbard ( son of Thomas Gillbard) came here toPenfoot Farm when he married Mary Walters on April 24, 1847 . When he moved to Polinnick Farm Thomas Gillbard came here to retire from Trecrogo.|
|This is Polinnick Farm at South Petherwin, where Thomas Dinnis came to farm about 1853/4 where all his children were born except Mary Ann, Thirza, and possibly William Walters. This farm was of 300 acres. He left some of children here when he moved to Norton Farm about 6 miles away.||Here is Norton Farm, midway between Launceston and Callington, about 214 acres, where we know that his last child George wes born in 1868. It would appear that he moved here between 1865/7|
Trebeigh, which goes back to 1086.A.D.
Hele Barton Farm, 17th century. Blackdog, nr Crediton, Devon
(Check out: Gillbard Farm Holiday link.)